What is Diamond Painting?
Diamond Painting is a new art form where stunning designs are created with tiny diamond like colours.
Diamond painting breaks images down into patterns, very similar to cross stitch. Small, glossy gems are then applied to canvas to make the pattern.
The gems are often called rhinestones or drills. One side of the gem is flat which is stuck onto the canvas while the other is 5D, giving the design a sparkling finish.
- Locate the chart of Colours and Symbols listed on the canvas
- Find the corresponding gems that match the colour / symbol on the canvas that you will be working.
- Pour some gems into the gem tray (which is provided).
- Peel back a small portion of the protective film to expose some of the glued area.
- Using your pasting tool, press the tip down on the wax block. This will help pick up the gems.
- With your pasting tool pick up one of gem by the cut edged side and place the flat side on the spot on the canvas with the same colour / symbol of the gem.
- Repeat with all colours until all the symbols are covered on your picture.
- When all gems are in place, replace the entire film and press to make sure all gems are secure.. For added security, you can also place a heavy item on the entire pasted area for a few days to insure the gems are in place.
- Only remove a small section of the protective film that you will be working on.
- Keep your project covered with the protective film to avoid dust from getting on your project and to keep the glued area from drying out.
- Store your extra gems in marked small containers or resealable bags. we have amazing storage options in our accessories section.
Not intended for small children.
Please keep out of the reach of small children. There are many small pieces that could be swallowed.
Hope you have fun with this amazing new hobby!
Team Edison's Gifts